Charles Kankelborg, Ph.D
I am a physicist with a background in extreme ultraviolet (EUV) observation of the Sun. My PhD work at Stanford University was with Art Walker's MSSTA rocket payload, an array of 19 EUV/FUV telescopes. I came to Montana State University in 1996 as a postdoc on the TRACE satellite program. I became an Assistant Professor in 2001.
- Solar corona, transition region and chromosphere
- Coronal heating and X-ray bright points
- Force free magnetic fields
- Ultraviolet optics
- Space instrumentation
- MOSES rocket payload
- Field line ("fluxon") modeling of force free magnetic fields
Here is a brief narrative of my research interests
My publications list is now generated automatically from a BibTeX database. There are still some features needed:
- Put the publications in (reverse) chronological order.
- Add links to online preprints and/or ADS.