- Drop a large NIB magnet on a thick copper plate cooled by LN and the magnet will bounce
before coming in for a soft landing.
- Copper plate takes ~20 minutes to chill out, LN must be replenished periodically.
- LO will form on the top of the copper plate and be attracted to the magnet, so don't
leave the magnet on the plate.
- Lexan tube keeps magnet from going overboard when dropped from greater heights.
- CAUTION: magnet is extremely strong. Keep it away from ALL other ferromagnetic materials
and erasable media, and put it back in its container when finished.
(bring a full 4 L dewar)
(LO is corrosive to an uncoated NIB)