- A Braun electroscope has an aluminum vane that rotates when it is charged.
- To charge a rod, pull it through the cloth once with minimal pressure.
- Slide the rod back and forth over the sphere to transfer more charge to the electroscope.
- Touch the banana cable to the sphere to discharge the electroscope.
- Handle rods by their marked ends only.
- The vane is very delicate, please do not touch.
- The electroscope can be shadow projected onto a screen for increased visibility in
a large classroom.
(show table tap)